The scheme to provide financial assistance to non-pensioner Ex-Servicemen (ESM) in a state of penury was started in year 1981 with an amount of Rs 100/- per month for a period of two years. Thereafter, it was increased to Rs 500/-pm for two years in 2007 and then changed into onetime grant of Rs 30,000/- for life-time. This was revised by the Management Committee of AFFD Fund in Oct 2011 and revised the onetime grant into a monthly grant of Rs 1,000/-.
The aim of this aid gratis is to provide a small measure of relief from total penury to a non-pensioner ESM up to rank of Hav/equivalent and their widow.
For Penury is provided at the rate of Rs.1000/- per month per head for life time from AFFD Fund.
The eligibility criteria are to be met to avail financial assistance under this scheme are as follows:-
- (a) Must be a non-pensioner ESM or his widow.
- (b) Should be of rank Havildar/equivalent from the Navy/AF and below.
- (c) Should be above age of 65 years.
- (d) Should be recommended by respective ZSB and DSW.
- (e) Details of bank account (in SBI/PNB only) and IFS Code.