This scheme provides financial assistance to Pensioner/Non-Pensioner Ex-Servicemen (ESM) up to the rank of Havildar or equivalent in the Navy/Air Force. The scheme was started in way back in the year 1981 with an amount of Rs 3,000/- per daughter. This was earlier revised in May 2007 to Rs 16,000/- per head and applicable up to two daughters. Thereafter it has been recommended in 16 Jul 2015 that wef 01 Apr 2016 Marriage Grant in r/o ESM/widows is enhanced from Rs 16,000/- per daughter to Rs 50,000/- per daughter (max upto two daughters) whose daughter’s marriages are solemnized after 01 Apr 2016.
The aim of this aid gratis is to provide financial assistance to ESM or widows up to the rank of Havildar for marriage of their daughters and remarriage of widows.
Paid out of AFFDF is provided for marriage of daughters of an eligible ESM or widow, at a rate of Rs 50,000/- per daughter/widow whose marriage is solemnized after 01 Apr 2016.
The following criteria must be fulfilled:
- Applicant must be an ESM or his widow.
- Should be of rank Havildar & below.
- The daughter should be above 18 years of age.
- Should be recommended by respective ZSB.
- Should not have obtained any financial grant for this purpose from State/Service.